Bible Verses about Adultery: In today’s fast-paced world, it’s essential to find guidance that helps us navigate the complexities of relationships and stay true to our commitments. One such source of wisdom can be found in the Bible, specifically in the form of Bible verses about adultery. These passages offer powerful insights into the importance of remaining faithful in our relationships and the consequences of straying from the path. In this blog post, we will explore some of the most impactful Bible verses about adultery to help you stay faithful in your relationships and strengthen your spiritual journey.
The topic of adultery is not only relevant in our modern times, but it has been a critical issue throughout human history. The Bible, being an ancient text, provides valuable lessons and instructions on how to approach this sensitive subject. By understanding and reflecting on these Bible verses about adultery, we can better grasp the significance of fidelity in our lives and relationships. Additionally, they serve as reminders of the spiritual, emotional, and physical consequences that can result from engaging in adulterous behavior.
As we delve into these Bible verses about adultery, it’s essential to approach them with an open heart and a willingness to learn from their wisdom. The scriptures are meant to guide and support us through our journey of life, offering us the tools we need to make the right decisions and stay on the path of righteousness. By internalizing and applying the teachings from these Bible verses about adultery, we can cultivate a stronger sense of commitment to our partners, foster healthier relationships, and deepen our connection to the divine.
Bible Verses about Adultery
Bible Verses about Adultery: As we continue to explore the topic of adultery, let us dive into an array of Bible verses that shed light on the gravity of this transgression. These passages offer us a deeper understanding of the moral, spiritual, and emotional implications of adultery, inspiring us to remain steadfast in our commitment to our partners. Below, discover 50 unique Bible verses about adultery that will help you maintain your faithfulness and strengthen your relationship with your loved ones.
1. Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
2. Proverbs 6:32 – “But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself.”
3. Matthew 5:28 – “But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
4. 1 Corinthians 6:18 – “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.”
5. Luke 16:18 – “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
6. Proverbs 5:18-19 – “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer—may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.”
7. Romans 13:9 – “For the commandments, ‘You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,’ and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'”
8. Exodus 20:14 – “You shall not commit adultery.”
9. Leviticus 20:10 – “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife–with the wife of his neighbor–both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.”
10. Malachi 2:16 – “For I hate divorce,” says the LORD, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with wrong,” says the LORD of hosts. “So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”
11. James 4:4 – “You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.”
12. Proverbs 6:27-28 – “Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned? Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched?”
13. Ephesians 5:3 – “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.”
14. 1 Corinthians 7:2 – “But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.”
15. Proverbs 5:3-6 – “For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave.”
16. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 – “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.”
17. Galatians 5:19 – “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery.”
18. Proverbs 2:16-19 – “Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words, who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God. Surely her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead. None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.”
19. 2 Peter 2:14 – “With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!”
20. Job 31:9-12 – “If my heart has been enticed by a woman, or if I have lurked at my neighbor’s door, then may my wife grind another man’s grain, and may other men sleep with her. For that would have been wicked, a sin to be judged. It is a fire that burns to Destruction; it would have uprooted my harvest.”
21. Colossians 3:5 – “Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, and greed, which is idolatry.”
22. Proverbs 30:20 – “This is the way of an adulterous woman: She eats and wipes her mouth and says, ‘I’ve done nothing wrong.'”
23. Ezekiel 23:37 – “They have committed adultery and blood is on their hands; they committed adultery with their idols, and they even sacrificed their children, whom they bore to me, as food for them.”
24. Jeremiah 3:8-9 – “I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. Yet I saw that her unfaithful sister Judah had no fear; she also went out and committed adultery. Because Israel’s immorality mattered so little to her, she defiled the land and committed adultery with stone and wood.”
25. Proverbs 6:23-24 – “For this command is a lamp, this teaching is a light, and correction and instruction are the way to life, keeping you from your neighbor’s wife, from the smooth talk of a wayward woman.”
26. Proverbs 22:14 – “The mouth of an adulterous woman is a deep pit; a man who is under the Lord’s wrath falls into it.”
27. Matthew 19:9 – “I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
28. Hosea 4:2 – “There is only cursing, lying and murder, stealing and adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.”
29. 1 Corinthians 10:8 – “We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.”
30. Proverbs 23:27-28 – “For an adulterous woman is a deep pit, and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit, she lies in wait and multiplies the unfaithful among men.”
31. Jeremiah 5:7 – “Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.”
32. Leviticus 18:20 – “Do not have sexual relations with your neighbor’s wife and defile yourself with her.”
33. Proverbs 7:21-23 – “With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk. All at once he followed her like an ox going to the slaughter, like a deer stepping into a noose till an arrow pierces his liver, like a bird darting into a snare, little knowing it will cost him his life.”
34. Ezekiel 16:32 – “You adulterous wife! You prefer strangers to your own husband!”
35. Proverbs 5:20 – “Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife? Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman?”
36. Matthew 5:32 – “But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.”
37. 2 Samuel 12:13-14 – “Then David said to Nathan, ‘I have sinned against the Lord.’ Nathan replied, ‘The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. But because by doing this you have shown utter contempt for the Lord, the son born to you will die.'”
38. Deuteronomy 5:18 – “You shall not commit adultery.”
39. Jeremiah 13:27 – “Your adulteries and lustful neighings, your shameless prostitution! I have seen your detestable acts on the hills and in the fields. Woe to you, Jerusalem! How long will you be unclean?”
40. Numbers 5:11-31 – “Then the Lord said to Moses, ‘Speak to the Israelites and say to them: If a man’s wife goes astray and is unfaithful to him…'” [Read the full passage for more context.]
41. John 8:3-11 – “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery… Jesus said, ‘Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.'”
42. Proverbs 7:6-27 – “At the window of my house, I looked down through the lattice. I saw among the simple, I noticed among the young men, a youth who had no sense…” [Read the full passage for more context.]
43. Ezekiel 23:43 – “Then I said about the one worn out by adultery, ‘Now let them use her as a prostitute, for that is all she is.'”
44. Hosea 2:2 – “Rebuke your mother, rebuke her, for she is not my wife, and I am not her husband. Let her remove the adulterous look from her face and the unfaithfulness from between her breasts.”
45. Revelation 2:22 – “So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely unless they repent of her ways.”
46. 1 Corinthians 5:1 – “It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife.”
47. Ezekiel 33:26 – “You rely on your sword, you do detestable things, and each of you defiles his neighbor’s wife. Should you then possess the land?”
48. Proverbs 6:29 – “So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife; no one who touches her will go unpunished.”
49. Deuteronomy 22:22 – “If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.”
50. 1 Peter 4:3 – “For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and detestable idolatry.”
These 50 Bible verses about adultery serve as powerful reminders of the importance of remaining faithful and committed to our partners. By understanding the gravity of adultery and the consequences it brings, we can work towards building stronger relationships and a deeper connection with our loved ones. Let these verses guide and inspire you to uphold the sanctity of marriage and live a life of righteousness.
Bible verses about adultery or cheating
Bible Verses about Adultery: In an effort to further expand our understanding of the consequences of adultery and cheating, we will explore additional Bible verses that delve into these crucial topics. These scriptures provide insight into the spiritual and emotional ramifications of infidelity, empowering us to preserve the sanctity of our relationships. Discover 25 unique Bible verses about adultery and cheating below, presented in a distinct pattern for each, to inspire you on your journey toward stronger bonds and unwavering commitment.
1. Proverbs 6:34-35 – “For jealousy arouses a husband’s fury, and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge. He will not accept any compensation; he will refuse a bribe, however great it is.”
2. Matthew 15:19 – “For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.”
3. Proverbs 12:22 – “Lying lips are an abomination to the LORD, but those who act faithfully are his delight.”
4. Hosea 7:4 – “They are all adulterers, burning like an oven whose fire the baker need not stir from the kneading of the dough till it rises.”
5. Leviticus 19:29 – “Do not degrade your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the land will turn to prostitution and be filled with wickedness.”
6. Jeremiah 29:23 – “They have committed adultery with their neighbors’ wives, and in my name, they have uttered lies—which I did not authorize.”
7. 1 Kings 11:4 – “As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the LORD his God, as the heart of David his father had been.”
8. Matthew 19:18 – “Jesus replied, ‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony.'”
9. Proverbs 7:24-27 – “Now then, my sons, listen to me; pay attention to what I say. Do not let your heart turn to her ways or stray into her paths. Many are the victims she has brought down; her slain are a mighty throng. Her house is a highway to the grave, leading down to the chambers of death.”
10. Romans 7:3 – “So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.”
11. Genesis 39:7-10 – “And after a while, his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, ‘Come to bed with me!’ But he refused… And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.”
12. Psalm 51:1-4 – “Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge.”
13. 2 Samuel 11:2-5 – “One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof, he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, ‘She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.’ Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home. The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, ‘I am pregnant.'”
14. 1 Corinthians 6:18 – “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.”
15. Psalm 50:18 – “When you see a thief, you join with him; you throw in your lot with adulterers.”
16. Malachi 3:5 – “So I will come to put you on trial. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive the foreigners among you of justice, but do not fear me,’ says the Lord Almighty.”
17. 1 Corinthians 7:2 – “But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.”
18. Proverbs 5:15-17 – “Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers.”
19. James 4:4 – “You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.”
20. Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
21. Malachi 2:14-15 – “You ask, ‘Why?’ It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.”
22. Romans 2:22 – “You who say that people should not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?”
23. Proverbs 6:32-33 – “But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself. Blows and disgrace are his lot, and his shame will never be wiped away.”
24. Ezekiel 22:11 – “One man commits a detestable offense with his neighbor’s wife, another shamefully defiles his daughter-in-law, and another violates his sister, his own father’s daughter.”
25. Proverbs 5:10 – “Lest strangers be filled with your wealth and your hard-earned goods go to the house of a foreigner.”
These 25 additional Bible verses about adultery and cheating present unique perspectives on the consequences of infidelity, urging us to remain committed and faithful to our partners. As we learn from these verses, it is crucial to uphold the values of trust, loyalty
Bible verses about adultery forgiveness
Bible Verses about Adultery: In the realm of relationships and marriage, adultery can leave deep emotional wounds and feelings of betrayal. However, the Bible also teaches us about the power of forgiveness, redemption, and grace. By examining Bible verses that deal with adultery forgiveness, we can find solace and encouragement to heal our relationships and move forward. The following 25 Bible verses about adultery forgiveness present unique insights into the path of forgiveness and the possibility of redemption.
1. 1 John 1:9 – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
2. Colossians 3:13 – “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.”
3. Isaiah 43:25 – “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.”
4. Ephesians 4:32 – “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
5. Luke 17:3-4 – “So watch yourselves. If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them. Even if they sin against you seven times in a day and seven times come back to you saying ‘I repent,’ you must forgive them.”
6. Psalm 103:12 – “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
7. Micah 7:18-19 – “Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.”
8. Matthew 6:14-15 – “For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
9. Romans 3:23-24 – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.”
10. James 5:16 – “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
11. 2 Chronicles 7:14 – “If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
12. Psalm 32:5 – “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, ‘I will confess my transgressions to the LORD.’ And you forgave the guilt of my sin.”
13. Isaiah 1:18 – “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”
14. Acts 3:19 – “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.”
15. Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
16. 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
17. Hebrews 8:12 – “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
18. 1 Peter 4:8 – “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
19. Mark 11:25 – “And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
20. 1 Timothy 1:15-16 – “Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.”
21. Psalm 86:5 – “You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.”
22. Isaiah 55:7 – “Let the wicked forsake their ways and the unrighteous their thoughts. Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.”
23. 1 John 2:1-2 – “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.”
24. Matthew 18:21-22 – “Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, ‘Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?’ Jesus answered, ‘I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.'”
25. Colossians 2:13-14 – “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.”
These 25 Bible verses about adultery forgiveness provide a unique understanding of the power of forgiveness, redemption, and grace in the face of the pain and betrayal caused by adultery. As we reflect on these verses, we are encouraged to open our hearts to forgiveness, heal our relationships, and find renewed hope in God’s love and mercy.
Bible verses about adultery and fornication
Bible Verses about Adultery: Adultery and fornication are two distinct yet related forms of sexual immorality that have been addressed in various Bible passages. By studying Bible verses that discuss adultery and fornication, we can gain a deeper understanding of the importance of maintaining purity and the sanctity of marriage. The following 25 Bible verses about adultery and fornication offer unique insights into God’s teachings on these matters and how we can apply these principles to our lives.
1. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 – “It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God.”
2. Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
3. Galatians 5:19 – “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery.”
4. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 – “Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
5. Ephesians 5:3 – “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.”
6. 1 Corinthians 7:2 – “But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.”
7. 2 Timothy 2:22 – “Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
8. 1 Corinthians 6:18 – “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.”
9. Proverbs 6:32 – “But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself.”
10. Matthew 5:27-28 – “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
11. Romans 1:24-25 – “Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.”
12. Romans 6:12-13 – “Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness.”
13. Proverbs 5:3-5 – “For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave.”
14. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
15. Proverbs 5:15-17 – “Drink water from your own cistern, running water from your own well. Should your springs overflow in the streets, your streams of water in the public squares? Let them be yours alone, never to be shared with strangers.”
16. Colossians 3:5 – “Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.”
17. Leviticus 20:10 – “If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.”
18. Proverbs 6:27-28 – “Can a man scoop fire into his lap without his clothes being burned? Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched?”
19. Mark 7:20-23 – “He went on: ‘What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.'”
20. Romans 12:1-2 – “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
21. Proverbs 22:14 – “The mouth of an adulterous woman is a deep pit; a man who is under the LORD’s wrath falls into it.”
22. 1 Corinthians 6:13 – “You say, ‘Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.’ The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.”
23. Proverbs 23:27 – “For an adulterous woman is a deep pit, and a wayward wife is a narrow well.”
24. 2 Peter 2:14 – “With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood!”
25. 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 – “I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case, you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.”
These 25 Bible verses about adultery and fornication encourage us to maintain moral integrity and uphold the sanctity of marriage, while also reminding us of the consequences of these sinful acts. By reflecting on these verses, we can better understand the importance of self-control and purity in our lives, and strive to live according to God’s teachings on these matters. May we find guidance, strength, and conviction in these verses as we navigate the complexities of our relationships and the world around us.
kjv bible verses about adultery
Bible Verses about Adultery: The King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, with its poetic language and timeless wisdom, offers a unique perspective on the teachings against adultery. Delving into the KJV Bible verses about adultery, we gain insight into the significance of marital fidelity and the potential consequences of straying from the path of righteousness. The following 25 KJV Bible verses about adultery provide a deeper understanding of this complex topic and emphasize the importance of maintaining our commitment to our partners and to God.
1. Exodus 20:14 – “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
2. Proverbs 6:24-25 – “To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.”
3. Leviticus 18:20 – “Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour’s wife, to defile thyself with her.”
4. Malachi 2:16 – “For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.”
5. Matthew 5:32 – “But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.”
6. Proverbs 7:4-5 – “Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman: That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.”
7. Jeremiah 5:7 – “How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots’ houses.”
8. Ezekiel 23:37 – “That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them.”
9. Hosea 4:2 – “By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.”
10. Matthew 19:9 – “And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.”
11. Luke 16:18 – “Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.”
12. Job 31:9-10 – “If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour’s door; Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her.”
13. Proverbs 30:20 – “Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.”
14. James 4:4 – “Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.”
15. 1 Corinthians 6:15-16 – “Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.”
16. 2 Samuel 11:3-4 – “And David sent and inquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.”
17. Proverbs 2:16-17 – “To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God.”
18. 1 Peter 4:3 – “For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries.”
19. Hebrews 13:4 – “Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.”
20. Proverbs 6:29 – “So he that goeth in to his neighbour’s wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent.”
21. John 8:3-4 – “And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.”
22. Proverbs 7:19-20 – “For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey: He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.”
23. 1 Corinthians 5:1 – “It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father’s wife.”
24. Deuteronomy 22:22 – “If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.”
25. Proverbs 6:23-24 – “For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.”
By examining these 25 KJV Bible verses about adultery, we can learn valuable lessons about the importance of fidelity, the consequences of straying from our commitments, and the power of God’s teachings to guide us through life. May these verses inspire us to remain steadfast in our relationships and to uphold the sanctity of marriage in the eyes of God.
- 150+ Christian Birthday Wishes and Bible Verses: A Celebration of Faith
- 120+ Blessing Good Morning Bible Verses: God’s light for a new day
- 120+ Christian Wedding Wishes, Messages and Verses for Happy Couple
- 130+ Guten Morgen Bildern aufwachen und inspiriert werden
- 150+ Grand Rising Quotes to Kickstart Your Morning Routine!
FAQs: Bible Verses about Adultery
What does the Bible say about adultery and forgiveness?
Many Bible verses emphasize the importance of forgiveness, even for those who have committed adultery. For instance, John 8:7 teaches us that we should not be quick to judge others: “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”
Can a marriage be restored after adultery according to the Bible?
While the Bible condemns adultery, it also offers hope for forgiveness and restoration. With sincere repentance, faith, and hard work, couples can seek God’s guidance to rebuild trust and restore their marriage (1 Peter 4:8, Ephesians 4:32).
What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage in the context of adultery?
In Matthew 19:9, Jesus allows for divorce in cases of marital unfaithfulness: “And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.”
Are there consequences for committing adultery according to the Bible?
Yes, the Bible warns about the consequences of adultery, both spiritual and physical. For example, Proverbs 6:32 states, “But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.”
What guidance does the Bible offer for avoiding temptation and remaining faithful in marriage?
The Bible provides numerous verses to help us resist temptation and stay faithful, such as Proverbs 5:15-18, which encourages us to find satisfaction and delight in our spouse, and 1 Corinthians 10:13, which assures us that God will help us endure temptation.
Wrapping Up: Bible Verses about Adultery
In conclusion, the Bible provides us with an abundance of guidance and wisdom on the topic of adultery. These verses remind us of the sanctity of marriage, the significance of commitment, and the consequences of straying from the path of righteousness. By reflecting on these Bible verses about adultery, we can gain the strength and conviction to stay faithful in our relationships and to honor the sacred bond of marriage.
As we navigate the complexities of our lives and relationships, let us always turn to the Word of God for inspiration, guidance, and support. We hope that these Bible verses about adultery have been enlightening and have provided you with the spiritual tools you need to remain steadfast in your commitment to your partner.
If you found this collection of Bible verses helpful or inspiring, please share it with your friends, family, and loved ones so they too can benefit from these powerful teachings. We also invite you to provide your feedback and insights in the comments section below. Your thoughts and experiences can be invaluable to others who may be struggling with similar issues or seeking guidance in their own lives.
May your faith be strengthened, your relationships flourish, and your life be enriched by the wisdom of these Bible verses about adultery. May God bless you and guide you on your journey toward a faithful and fulfilling life.