190+ Best Heartless Selfish Quotes to deal with selfish People
Heartless Selfish Quotes: A useful guideline for distinguishing between selfishness and selflessness is as follows: Selfishness is when you prioritize your needs above those of others, while selflessness is when you prioritize the needs of others before your own.
Selfish individuals are primarily concerned with their own personal gain or progress and show little respect towards others. When you’re working with egotistical or envious individuals, conditions might be challenging to manage. They may be narcissistic and self-centered, which may result in toxic relationships where they are only interested in obtaining what they want. Heartless Selfish Quotes
It’s OK to prioritize your needs from time to time, and there’s nothing wrong with taking pride in the effort you’ve expended to succeed. Even if everyone is naturally a little bit selfish, it’s not nice to continually put yourself before other people. And we’ve all got a toxic friend, family member, or coworker that does just that!
Heartless Selfish Quotes
1. Selfishness, not love, is the actuating motive of the gallant.
2. Sometimes you have to be selfish to be selfless. Edward Albert
3. If you want to be a generous giver, you have to watch out for selfish takers. Adam Grant
4. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Richard Dawkins
5. Love is not selfish. Love is something else. Morten Tyldum
6. Beware: at war or at peace, more people die of unenlightened self-interest than of any other disease. Octavia Butler ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
7. What a cage is to the wild beast, law is to the selfish man. Herbert Spencer
8. A selfish man is a thief. Jose Marti
9. Be incredibly, ruthlessly selfish with your equity. Douglas Leone
10. The only difference between a hero and the villain is that the villain chooses to use that power in a way that is selfish and hurts other people. Chadwick Boseman ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
11. Sometimes in life, you have to make a selfish decision and do what’s best for you. Saquon Barkley
12. The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places. Bryant H. McGill
13. It’s enough to indulge and to be selfish but true happiness is really when you start giving back. Adrian Grenier ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
14. To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. Gustave Flaubert
15. It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes. Andrew Jackson
- 160+ Inspirational Yoga Quotes to inspire you to live a better life
- 200+ Adorable Inspirational Cat Quotes That Will Make You Happy
16. A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor’s. Richard Whately
17. It’s good to be selfish. But not so self-centered that you never listen to other people. Hugh Hefner
18. Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either. Erich Fromm ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
19. I am a greedy, selfish bastard. I want the fact that I existed to mean something. Harry Chapin
Selfish people Quotes
20. People are so selfish. Those you help are the ones who turn against you. Munshi Premchand
21. Sympathizing and selfish people are alike, both given to tears.
22. Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure.
23. I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy, and driven.
24. One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.
25. You need to stop being so selfish and start caring about everyone else.
26. I’m only selfish when it comes to you.
27. Shame on me for always being selfish, the feeling is never returned.
28. I done what i like, i don’t care what you think?
29. Being Sorry IS The Highest Act OF Selfishness, Seeing WORTH only After Discarding It.
30. The one who loves the least, controls the relationship.
31. I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.
32. Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
33. When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone.
34. I’d rather be hated for being real, than loved for being fake.
35. Glory built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt..
- 130+ Best Brother Quotes to Boost Your Brotherly Bond
- 500+ Best Positive Attitude Quotes to Improve Your Positive Personality
- 170+ Inspirational Baby Quotes And Sayings
36. I don’t care about what others think about me, I just care about what I think about myself
37. So glad to know that you’re having fun, especially without me.
38. I got a dream that’s worth more then my reality. And pride that’s worth more then a salary.
39. Real people are never fake, and fake people are never real.
40. People don’t care for you when you are alone, they just care for you when they are alone.
Selfish people status
41. Shouldn’t you have a license for being that ugly?
42. As long as I feel like this we cant be friends… selfish but its the truth.
43. The world is not fair, and often fools, cowards, liars and the selfish hide in high places.
44. If you don’t like me remember it’s mind over matter; I don’t mind and you don’t matter.
45. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
46. Glory built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt..
47. I say you don’t need religion, or political ideology, to understand human nature. Science reveals that human nature is greedy and selfish, altruistic and helpful. Michael Shermer
48. I am in love with girls that are bad and naughty and badass, and a little selfish, but I like to watch from a respectful distance! Dreama Walker
49. All my big mistakes are when I try to second-guess or please an audience. My work is always stronger when I get very selfish about it. David Bowie
50. I believe in aliens. I think it would be way too selfish of us as mankind to believe we are the only lifeforms in the universe. Demi Lovato
51. The real evil with which we have to contend is not the physical evil of the Famine, but the moral evil of the selfish, perverse and turbulent character of the people. Charles Trevelyan
52. In my team, I don’t want selfish players. I prefer to lose a game than have selfish players. I don’t want that in my club. Never. Antonio Conte ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
53. Major actions by courageous and wise men will be necessary to avoid our continuing to blunder into the space age like unenlightened and selfish idiots. Fritz Zwicky
54. It’s also selfish because it makes you feel good when you help others. I’ve been helped by acts of kindness from strangers. That’s why we’re here, after all, to help others. Carol Burnett
55. With fools, there is no companionship. Rather than to live with men who are selfish, vain, quarrelsome, and obstinate, let a man walk alone. Buddha ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
56. I used to think you had to be very selfish, but as I get older my views on life change. John Barnes
57. Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself. Khalil Gibran
58. If he doesn’t follow through with actions, he’s either selfish or a liar. Neither makes him sound like The One, does it? Matthew Hussey
59. Socialism is the ideal state, but it can never be achieved while man is so selfish. Annie Besant
60. You have this one life. If you keep being selfish and unkind, it’s going to come back to you. Clemantine Wamariya ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
61. Some people are selfish in all of their relationships. Those people are called sociopaths. Adam Grant
62. If believing in yourself and going after what you want in life and realising your worth is ruthless and selfish, then I’m definitely ruthless and selfish. Nicole Scherzinger ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
63. We are all selfish and I no more trust myself than others with a good motive. Lord Byron
64. I’m happy to be selfish now. That’s the beauty of getting older.
65. Some say I’m selfish. My approach is the complete opposite of selfishness. Joey Votto
Selfish parents quotes
66. “As a parent, you should be more concerned with your child’s happiness than your petty insecurities and jealousies.” – Unknown
67. “Anyone can have a child and call themselves “a parent”. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.” – Unknown ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
68. “My parents loved us, but I wasn’t always sure they liked us.” – Tahereh Mafi
69. “Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.” – Unknown
70. “Being a parent shouldn’t be when it is convenient for you. It is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year commitment.” – Unknown
71. “Selfish parents may someday realize what damage they have done that can never be undone.” – Unknown
72. “They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?” “You’d think so.” – N.R. Walker ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
73. “If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term.” – Maddy Malhotra
74. “Good parenting gives headaches, but bad parenting gives heartaches.” – Shiv Khera
75. “Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being.” – Kittie Frantz
76. “We raise predators by treating children as prey.” – Stefan Molyneux
“Put your child’s likes before your selfishness.”– Anonymous
77. “No man should bring children into the world who is unwilling to persevere to the end in their nature and education.” – Plato ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
78. “Denying a child, the joy and memories of being with the other parent is an act of “pure evil.” – Unknown
79. “Fathers should know that sons follow their example, not advice.” – Unknown
80. “It doesn’t matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was.” – Anne Sexton
Selfish friends Quotes
81. “You need to stop being so selfish and start caring about everyone else.”
82. “While you’re talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and kiss my ass.”
83. “Most people are only concerned with their own heart, they don’t care if they break yours.”
84. “Insecurities, betrayal, and selfishness are the things that will never make you a happy person.”
85. “Who are you to deprive me of the things I want, I had never been selfish my entire life.”
86. “The real measure of selfishness is by asking a person how much he is willing to sacrifice.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
87. “There is nothing born out of selfishness, You just have to give the best you can in everything.”
88. “When you are lonely or at least seem to be that way, It would be selfish to excuse yourself.”
89. “Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.”
90. “There is nothing born out of selfishness, You just have to give the best you can in everything.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Selfish love Quotes
91. “There are people I love in this world and it would be wrong to keep them selfishly.”
92. “One day, I hope you will understand that I never want to be selfish, I just want to be loved.”
93. “By not caring about others, you become a selfish person who only cares about himself and no one else.”
94. “I know it’s a shame that I am selfishly loving you alone, please forgive me.”
95. “It is my most selfish thought that if I lose the people I love, what remains of my own life will consist only of pain.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
96. “I have always taught that someone will love me enough to take care of my selfishness, wrong.”
97. “Love is what remains in a relationship after all selfishness has been eliminated.”
98. “I love you so much that nothing matters to me – not even you…only my love is not your answer.”
99. “No more distractions, no one else matters, I love you and you won’t believe how selfish I feel.”
100. “I don’t care if I’m selfish, after putting people first and getting frustrated for a long time, I deserve to do what makes them happy.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Relationship selfish Quotes
101. “Don’t over-sacrifice yourself, because if you do, you’ll have nothing left to give and no one will care about you.”
102. “Selfish people are unable to love others, but they are also unable to love themselves.”
103. “The world isn’t always fair, and fools, cowards, liars, and greedy people frequently hide in high places.”
104. “Shame and guilt are the result of glory founded on selfish ideas.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
105. “In a private, selfishness uglifies the soul; selfishness is extinction for the human types.”
106. “Its enough to indulge and be selfish, but real happiness is truly when you start returning.”
107. “Selfishness and greed, nationwide or individual, trigger the majority of our difficulties.”
108. “We all must increase, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.”
109. “Suppose you were the last one left? Expect you did that to yourself?”
110. “Everybody is the most important person worldwide to themselves.”
Selfish family Quotes
111. “Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.” Richard Bach
112. “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.” Oscar Wilde
113. “The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going.” George Carlin
114. “Selfish— a judgment readily passed by those who have never tested their own power of sacrifice.” George Eliot ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
115. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” George Burns
116. “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.” Harry S. Truman
117. “Suppose you were the last one left? Suppose you did that to yourself?” Cormac McCarthy
118. “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, but they are not capable of loving themselves either.” Erich Fromm ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
119. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” Mario Puzo
120. “Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others.” Ouida ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Selfish world quotes
The following quotes about a selfish world can create awareness and inspire change. We hope they inspire you too.
121. “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.” Harry S. Truman
122. “In an individual, selfishness uglifies the soul; for the human species, selfishness is extinction.” David Mitchell
123. “Human history is the sad result of each one looking out for himself.” Julio Cortazar
124. “One of the greatest diseases is to be nobody to anybody.” Mother Teresa
125. “I cannot accept this country being destroyed by selfish people who only think about themselves.” Mahathir Mohamad ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
126. “Selfishness must always be forgiven you know because there is no hope of a cure.” Jane Austin
127. “When we focus on others, our world expands.” Daniel Goleman
128. “If you live your life as if everything is about you. You will be left with just that. Just you.”
129. “This world is made up of selfish people, the more your concentrate on yourself, the better will be your life.”
130. “Make happy and be happy, don’t be too selfish to share your happiness, because the more you share, the most it increases.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Be selfish quotes
131. “To be an Olympian is not flattering for any partner that’s with you. It’s a really selfish part of your life.” Scott Moir
132. “The one thing I’ve learned about this sport is that it’s OK to be selfish at times.” Travis Browne
133. “I enjoyed being single and selfish and only having myself to worry about.” Montel Vontavious Porter
134. “People misjudge it sometimes and think I’m selfish or I’m quiet or I’m rude because I don’t talk.” DeSean Jackson ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
135. “You can be pretty selfish as tennis players, being an individual sport.” Mardy Fish
136. “It can be seen as being quite selfish, but I’m very happy to be selfish.” Kathy Burke
137. “To be honest, I’m selfish as an artist. I’m doing what I want to do and what I want to hear.” Tierra Whack
138. “You can be selfish by being too unselfish at times.” Marc Gasol ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
139. “Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles.” – Harry S. Truman
140. “We all should rise, above the clouds of ignorance, narrowness, and selfishness.” – Booker T. Washington
Selfish person quotes
Selfishness spoils relationships and creates gaps and crevices that never heal. Friends are not supposed to behave selfishly.
141. Selfish people suffer from a vice that makes them helpless and vicious who can be pitied but never befriended. ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
142. Selfish individuals are the most self-centred people on Earth. Creating relations with such people can bring doom for those who make such a choice.
143. If you are planning to live a meaningful life, to begin with, cut down selfish friends from your life.
144. Selfishness is the gateway to other sins. It is only second to vanity, the most beloved iniquity of Evil.
145. Selfishness is like a poison that can give birth to nothing but barrenness so still that it smells foul in no time.
146. Selfishness is twisting others thoughts and activities to benefit your survival and existence.
147. A selfish core gives birth to the two most derogatory activities of the world- brainwashing and mind games.
148. Loving you and caring for your own heart and mind is not being selfish- it is a necessity.
149. People who love themselves know the thin line between self-love and selfishness.
150. Selfish people often take selflessness as a weakness. But then they do not know that it equally takes nothing to be selfish. ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Being selfish Quotes
151. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity, it’s sanity” – Katrina Mayer
152. “Sometimes you just need to be selfish and take care of you. If they love you, they’ll understand” – Robert Tew ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
153. “Sometimes, you have to do what’s best for you and your life, not what’s best for everybody else” – Unknown
154. “The drive to please others is at the root of so much suffering in the world” – Unknown
155. “When things change inside you, things change around you” – Unknown
156. “Being selfish to me means that you have to look out for yourself and you don’t have to sacrifice” – Herbie Mann
157. “Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing” – Unknown ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
158. “What if you simply devoted this year to loving yourself more?” – Unknown
159. “Never compare yourself to anyone, except the previous you” – Unknown
160. “Confidence is not, “they will like me.” Confidence is, “I’ll be fine if they don’t” –Christina Grimmie
Fake selfish friends Quotes
161. “Fake friends leave when times get tough.”
162. “Selfishness is when you only remember a friend if you need something from them.”
163. “It’s hard to trust somebody when the person who you completely opened up to is the person who later completely betrayed you.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
164. “What are selfish people but ones who use the weakness of others for their own pleasure?”
165. “I hate liars, hypocrites, and people who take advantage of people who care about them”
166. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometimes frown too much with you at your back.”- Michael Bassey Johnson
167. “In essence, humans are selfish beings. Think about it. What are the things that you can admit that you are selfish about?”- ReadBeach
168. “Selfish persons are incapable of loving others, But they are not capable of loving themselves either”- Erich Fromm
169. “Selfishness is thinking more of the benefits you will get on helping someone.”
170. “Forgive anyone who does wrong on you. Don’t you know that it is selfish to stay mad at someone for a long time?” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Selfish husband Quotes
Creating that special relationship with another is just one way to establish a memorable partnership. These quotes about selfish husbands highlight the common characteristics you want to avoid when searching for a life partner. ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
171. “A man who truly loves his wife is loved by the entire world.”
172. “A marriage is sensitive, fragile and crucial. Once you mess up with how you handle it, it will shatter.”
173. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, with the same person.”
174. “A wife’s power is not to prove her husband but rather to improve him.”
175. “Always strive to give your spouse the very best of yourself; not what’s left over after you have given your best to everyone.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
176. “Best friends for life, husband and wife.”
177. “Difficult job is to keep your own wife happy without hurting others.”
178. “Everything you do.. defies any dream I’ve ever dreamed. You’re so much more perfect to me than I ever knew how to wish for.”
179. “Greatest deal is to live a happy life with your own wife.”
180. “There is, you will concede, a limit to the niceties a man is obliged to fulfill when his wife is dead and not yet cold.” ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
Selfish relatives Quotes
181. “I enjoy slaughtering beasts, and I think of my relatives constantly.”- Roger Zelazny
182. “Relatives are the worst friends, said the fox as the dogs took after him”- Danish Proverb
183. “It isn’t necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy”.- Groucho Marx
184. “I wanna run away and break ties with my family and relatives.” -Unknown
185. “I have a theory of relatives, too. Don’t hire ’em.”- Jack L Warner ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
186. “Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends.”- Jacques Delille
187. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.”- Euripides
188. “We still lend our old house out to relatives. They keep a guest book for my fans to sign.”- Loretta Lynn
189. “My relatives used to laugh when I talked of being a writer.”- Taylor Caldwell
190. “Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with.”- Oliver Hudson
191. “Being generous, just helping one’s relatives and being blameless in one’s actions; this is the best good luck.”- Buddha ( Heartless Selfish Quotes )
192. “Suicide is belated acquiescence in the opinion of one’s wife’s relatives.”- Henry Louis Mencken